I had a play with it (bit of a learning curve), and initial thoughts on it are positive. What I like about it:
- Lightweight. You only need a few files downloaded without any installation
- Markdown. You can specify a whole presentation from a text editor
- Presenter mode. With built in timer and the speaker notes coming from the same markdown
The examples on their project page are great to get you started but I already made a few improvements:
- Put the markdown in in a separate file
- Using a local copy of the CSS
- Using a local copy of
For me this works better as you don’t need an internet connection and it allows for easier editing.
This post is part of a series of articles about “What I Have Learned Today”; acknowledging every day the thing I have learned. Feel free to read the other posts. all opinions in this article are my own and not necessarily represent the views of my employer.